Hillel students also worked on the following tzedakah projects during this past school year:
• Creating 15 baby blankets for children who reside at the Cathedral Center.
• Making 200 peanut butter-and-jelly sandwiches for the Salvation Army.
• Raising funds for the Jewish Community Pantry.
• Raising funds for victims of domestic violence.
• Collecting samples for a bone marrow drive.
In addition, at least one Hillel student plans to volunteer in Israel this summer on behalf of the residents of Sderot, who have been enduring rocket attacks from the Gaza Strip.